Fully hands on comprehensive course covering the fundamentals of occlusion, onlay preparation and onlay cementation.
London, Hilton Watford WD25 8HA
Manchester, Doubletree Hilton Piccadilly M1 3DG
Price for 2 Days
This two day intense hands on course starts with a basic occlusal assessment to help you plan treatment and improve your ability to treat a whole quadrant.
We will be discussing how to maximise the aesthetic advantage with lithium disilicate and composite resin with modern margin designs and utilizing an adhesive advantage by understanding the latest bonding systems and the biological requirements of enamel and dentine.
This innovative hands on protocol will also allow delegates to practice deep margin elevation and masking deep stained colours, which can often ruin the final aesthetics of a translucent onlay.
You will have a dedicated hands on session rubber dam and follow our protocol for cementation using heated composite for long term adhesive and aesthetic success.
The training will finish with a practical on precision adjustment protocols to achieve the ideal occlusal contacts without ruining your stunning anatomy. This will help you with your direct and indirect restorations in clinical practice and finishing a whole quadrant together.
1. To establish a quick and accurate pre operative occlusal analysis to for the basis for your preparation design.
2. Understanding the biological requirements of a broken tooth, and also the material requirements with composite and ceramic.
3. To introduce the preparation design, identifying the various margin types (contact lens and traditional shoulder) used according to the thickness of enamel and dentine.
4. Achieving high quality adhesion and a mini core build up to seal the dentine, block undercuts and deep margin elevation.
5. Taking a high quality analogue and digital impression
1. Rubber dam hands-on with a clear protocol for clamp selection and placement techniques.
2. To show the use of PTFE as a cement trap to reduce clean up time.
3. To go through the bonding protocol for long term adhesive success and the use of heated composite for excellent aesthetic success and easy clean up.
4. Post cementation polishing and occlusal assessment.
5. Precision adjustments of contacts to maintain morphology and provide natural functional harmony.
BDS, MFDS RCS (Edin), MPhil (Restorative), DPDS, Dip Implant Dent RCS (Edin), MPros Dent RCS (Edin), FDS RCS (Edin), Masters In Soft Tissue around Teeth and Implants (Bologna)
BDS (Lon) MSc Aesthetic Dentistry (Lon)
Executive Council British Academy Aesthetic Dentistry